3rd International UBI Summer School 2012
Oulu, Finland, May 28 - June 2, 2012
The 3rd International UBI Summer School 2012 was held in Oulu, Finland, on May 28 - June 2, 2012. The summer school provided young researchers with an opportunity to gain hands on experience and insight on selected topics on the multidisciplinary fields of ubiquitous computing and urban informatics under the tutelage of distinguished experts. The summer school comprised of three parallel workshops that enrolled 51 students from 10 countries.
The 2012 UBI Summer School comprises of three parallel workshops:
- A: Information Visualisation for UbiComp Data
by Professor Aaron Quigley, University of St. Andrews, Scotland
- B: Supporting Community Through Interactive Public Displays
by Dr. Keith Cheverst, Lancaster University, UK
- D: Urban Sensoria: Human-Centered Computing in Practice
by Dr. Alejandro (Alex) Jaimes, Yahoo! Research
Past UBI Summer Schools
The 2012 UBI Summer School builds on the legacy of the two previous highly successful summer schools:
- 1st International UBI Summer School 2010 held in Oulu on May 31 - June 4, 2010. Six parallel workshops enrolled 72 students from 20 countries.
- 2nd International UBI Summer School 2011 held in Oulu on May 23 - 28, 2011. Three parallel workshops enrolled 36 students from 6 countries.
|Program of 3rd International UBI Summer School 2012||1.2 MB|