UBISS 2016 - 7th International UBI Summer School 2016
Oulu, Finland, June 13-18, 2016
Co-located with PerDis 2016 in Oulu on June 20-22, 2016
Application deadline: Remaining seats are handed out on first come first served basis to applications received by May 31, 2016
Registration fee: 200 EUR
Accommodation: 30 EUR/day, available from Sat June 11, 2016 till Thu June 23, 2016 (must be booked by May 10, 2016)
Credits: 5 ECTS
|Home||Application||Workshops & Instructors||Schedule||Practical matters||Organizers & Sponsors|
The annual international UBI Summer Schools provide researchers, students, and industry and public sector professionals with an opportunity to gain hands on experience and insight on selected topics on the multidisciplinary fields of HCI, ubiquitous computing and urban informatics under the tutelage of distinguished experts. UBISS 2016 is co-located with the PerDis 2016 symposium, thus this time several workshops focus on pervasive displays in one way or another.
For a preview of upcoming fun at the summer school, check out UBISS 2015 Trailer and UBISS 2015 The Film.
WORKSHOPS & INSTRUCTORS
UBISS 2016 comprises of four parallel 6-day "hands on" workshops:
APPLICATION & ENROLLMENT
While UBISS 2016 is primarily targeted at postgraduate students, undergraduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and industry and public sector professionals are also welcome.
All prospective participants have to submit an online application. While a candidate can apply to multiple workshops, (s)he should only apply to those workshops that (s)he really wants to attend. The application will be forwarded to the instructor of the 1st choice workshop for approval. If the student is not accepted to the 1st choice workshop, then the student will be considered for the 2nd choice workshop if the student has applied to multiple workshops etc.
Participants are enrolled to the workshops in two stages:
CLOSED [Stage 1 - Open international call with application deadline on March 7, 2016. Notifications of acceptance will be distributed by March 21, 2016. Accepted applicants have to register their seats by April 2, 2016.]
OPEN: Stage 2 - Any seats remaining after stage 1 will be handed on first come first served basis to applications received by May 31, 2016. Currently all four workshops have room.
PREVIOUS UBI SUMMER SCHOOLS
- UBISS 2015 (6th International UBI Summer School 2015) held in Oulu on June 8-13, 2015. Four parallel workshops enrolled 56 students from 14 countries.
- UBISS 2014 (5th International UBI Summer School 2014) held in Oulu on June 9-14, 2014. Four parallel workshops enrolled 59 students from 16 countries.
- UBISS 2013 (4th International UBI Summer School 2013) held in Oulu on June 10-15, 2013. Four parallel workshops enrolled 76 students from 18 countries.
- 3rd International UBI Summer School 2012 held in Oulu on May 28 - June 2, 2012. Three parallel workshops enrolled 51 students from 10 countries.
- 2nd International UBI Summer School 2011 held in Oulu on May 23 - 28, 2011. Three parallel workshops enrolled 36 students from 6 countries.
- 1st International UBI Summer School 2010 held in Oulu on May 31 - June 4, 2010. Six parallel workshops enrolled 72 students from 20 countries.