Welcome to the 5th International Open Ubiquitous City Seminar 2013 – Delightful, user-centric design of urban computing
Date: Monday, 10th of June, 2013
Location: City Theatre, Small Stage, Kaarlenväylä 2, Oulu, Finland
Computing technologies shape how we perceive the world and how we interact with each other. How to design ubiquitous interactions in urban spaces? How to build augmented reality experiences? Design should target on user experiences such as enjoyment, challenge, or connectedness. Better cultural and even entrepreneurial sense is needed in finding what the meaningful prospects from the user´s point of view are.
This non-fee public seminar features distinguished international experts addressing ubiquitous computing and urban informatics from multiple perspectives. It also provides an update of the Open Ubiquitous Oulu. The audience is able to ask questions from the speakers at the end of the seminar.
• Professor Malcolm McCullough, University of Michigan
• Professor Kaisa Väänänen-Vainio-Mattila, Tampere University of Technology
• Dr. Jonna Häkkilä, University of Oulu
• Professor Mark Billinghurst, University of New Canterbury
• Professor Albrecht Schmidt, University of Stuttgart
• Professor Timo Ojala, University of Oulu